Tama-Hokubu Medical Center, operated byTokyo Metropolitan Health and Hospitals Corporationn, while proactively advancing collaboration with local medical institutions by such means as conducting medical care for patients referred by medical institutions, strives to practice patient-centered medical care that includes thoroughgoing implementation of informed consent in medical care, as well as providing referrals to other medical institutions according to symptoms and providing access to medical records as a general principle. This is because we consider medical care to be a process by which the patient and the medical-care provider overcome disease while standing on equal footing, establishing a relationship of trust, and engaging in mutual cooperation.
Under the concept of patient-centered medical care, patients have the right to receive medical care while maintaining human dignity.
At Tama-Hokubu Medical Center, together with further advancing this patient-centered medical care, we hereby establish a Charter of Patient Rights and Responsibilities with the aim of becoming a hospital trusted by patients.
- Patients have equal rights to receive appropriate medical care.
- Patients have the right to receive medical care that is respectful of their individual characteristics and values, and based on mutually cooperative relationships with medical-care providers.
- Patients have the right to receive explanations of their medical condition, clinical course, tests, and treatment in comprehensible language.
- Patients have the right to select the medical care they wish to receive based on adequate explanation and information. Their wish to seek a second opinion shall also be accommodated.
- Patients have the right to request access to their own medical records.
- Personal information provided by patients for the purpose of receiving medical care shall be kept confidential, and to the greatest extent possible, patients' privacy shall be respected and shall not be violated during their hospital stay.
- Patients have the right to be referred to an appropriate medical institution as necessary in order to receive ongoing medical care.
- Patients have a responsibility to provide medical-care providers with information concerning their own health that is as accurate as possible.
- Patients have a responsibility to comply with the hospital's rules in order to ensure that all patients can enjoy a comfortable hospital stay.