Gastric cancer screening
Method: Gastric X-ray examination(Conducted in conform to the method of the Japanese Society for Gastrointestinal Cancer Examination)
- Preparation for your examination・・・Finish a dinner by 10:00 pm on the day before the examination.You will be required to fast after that time.You can take fluids such as water.You must not drink alcohol.
- On the day of your examination・・・You will be required to fast on the day of your examination. Avoid milk and juice, but you may drink up to 200 ml of water up to 2 hours before the examination.
- Please refrain from smoking until the examination is completed.
- On the day of your examination, If you are currently taking any oral medication for cardiac disease or blood pressure control, etc., please make sure you have taken your medication with no more than 200 ml of water at least 2 hours prior to the start of the examination.
- If you are diabetes, do not take oral antidiabetic or insulin because of the risk of hypoglycemia.
- If you have any anxiety about taking the medication, please consult your doctor and receive instructions on whether to take the medication before or after the examination.
For those who are not suitable for gastric cancer screening (group examination)
- Pregnant women or women suspected of being pregnant.(Please inquire if you are nursing women)
- If you have had an allergic symptom to barium or its ingredients.
- If you have had undergone a biopsy or polypectomy within the past two months.
- If you have had abdominal surgery, orthopedic surgery, or any other surgery within the past year.
- If you have had a bowel obstruction within the past year or if you have had repeated bowel obstructions.
- If you have kidney disease (dialysis) and are on fluid restriction.
- If you have had a myocardial infarction and stroke within the past year.
- Tendency to be constipated.(e.g., no bowel movements for more than 3 days already on the day of examination)
- Systolic blood pressure of 180 mmHg or higher, or diastolic blood pressure of 110 mmHg or higher on the day of examination.
- If you cannot hold and drink a cup of Valium yourself.
- If you had difficulty holding a standing position or gripping the handrail of a radiographic stand by yourself.
- If you had difficulty moving according to the radiographer's instructions.
*If you have had gastric surgery, Gastric cancer screening is not suitable. Gastroscopy is recommended.
*If you are under treatment or follow-up for stomach or duodenum, please see your doctor.
*You will be requested to have an interview to ensure the safety of the examination.Depending on your physical condition and the medical interview on the day of your visit, you may not be received for a gastric cancer screening.