At Ebara Hospital, you are always valued and respected as an individual. You can receive medical care and have your illness treated here by people who care the most about your growth and development into an adult.
For you to get better, it is important that you, your family and doctors and nurses at this hospital work together.
Based on such belief, Ebara Hospital has made the Child Patient Rights and Responsibilities, which is a set of rules that must be followed by the people at this hospital, your family, and yourself to help you get better.
- No matter what your illness is, you can receive good medical care just like other patients.
- Each and every one of you is always special to us. You can receive medical care by working together with your family and people at the hospital.
- You can have the people at the hospital use words or pictures to tell you about your illness and how they are going to treat it.
- After the people at the hospital have told you about your illness and how they will help you, you can tell them and your family what you think and how you feel.
- If you don’t understand something or feel scared about something, you can always ask or talk to your family or the people at the hospital.
- You can spend as much time as possible with your family even when you are staying at the hospital.
- When you are asked if you want to take a new medicine or treatment under research to see if it works, you can say yes or no after the people at the hospital have told you all about it. Even if you said yes, you can stop taking the medicine or treatment any time you feel like it. When making decisions, you can always ask or talk to your family or the people at the hospital if you have anything you cannot understand or feel worried about.
- You can study and play even when you are staying at the hospital.
- Tell the people at the hospital all about how you feel so that they can help you get well soon.
- Please follow the rules of the hospital so that everyone including yourself can spend a comfortable time at the hospital.