|Name||Tokyo Metropolitan Toshima Hospital of the Tokyo Metropolitan Hospital Organization|
|Address||33-1 Sakaecho, Itabashi-ku, Tokyo, 173-0015|
|Founder||Tatsumi Ando, Chairman of the Tokyo Metropolitan Hospital Organization|
|Manager||Masayuki Ando, Director of Toshima Hospital|
|Date of establishment||October 1, 1932|
|Site area||26,858 m2|
|Building area||Main Hospital Building (two floors underground / eight floors above ground)||Total of 48,052 m2|
|Nurse Dormitory Building (five floors above ground)||Total of 1,049 m2|
|Nurse Dormitory Building (six floors above ground)||Total of 1,800 m2|
|Nap Room (one floor underground / three floors above ground)||Total 698 m2|
|Diagnosis and treatment scale||Hospitalization: 411 beds (438 beds)|
Outpatient: 596 patients*The number in the parentheses ( ) is the number reported under the Medical Service Law
|Department of Internal Medicine, Department of Respiratory Medicine, Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism Medicine, Department of Nephrology, Department of Hematology, Department of Emergency Medicine, Department of Gastrointestinal Medicine, Department of Cardiology, Department of Neurology, Department of Infectious Diseases, Department of Palliative Care, Department of Psychiatry, Department of Pediatrics, Department of Surgery, Department of Breast Surgery, Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Department of Plastic Surgery, Department of Neurosurgery, Department of Dermatology, Department of Urology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Department of Ophthalmology, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Department of Rehabilitation, Department of Radiology, Department of Dental and Oral Surgery, Department of Anesthesia, Department of Diagnostic Pathology, and Department of Proctology|
Management Philosophy and Policy
|We will provide the very best medical care with sincerity and contribute to the local community.|
Basic Management Policy
- We will mobilize the comprehensive abilities of the hospital for patient-centered medical care.
- We will always focus on the highest standard of medical care and practice the evidence-based medical care.
- We will widely cooperate with medical institutions to strive to maintain and improve health care in the community.
- We will train excellent medical personnel to support future medical care.
- We will establish sound management foundations to continue realizing the hospital philosophy.
Introduction to Our Facilities
There are two parking lots for visitors to the hospital outdoors and in the second basement floor of the building. There are plenty of parking spaces available (177 spaces for regular cars, and two spaces for disabled persons (outdoors) and eight spaces for disabled persons (B2). The basic parking fee is 400 yen per hour. Moreover, there is a discount on the fee for those using Toshima Hospital. When returning home, please present your parking ticket at the Visiting Reception on the first floor or the out of hours entrance/exit and complete the procedures.
|Patients and attendants (Outpatient treatment, emergency aid treatment and when completing procedures on the day of hospitalization/discharge)||100 yen for up to three hours and 100 yen for every hour thereafter|
|Disabled persons (Please present your passbook and medical certificate)||Free|
|Those who are visiting and meeting (This also includes attendants, families and relatives in the wards of hospitalized patients)||100 yen for up to one hour and 200 yen for every hour thereafter|
|General users||400 yen for every hour|
There is a shop on the first floor. The shop sells boxed lunches, candy, drinks, stationary, toiletries, dishes, sleepwear, equipment necessary for hospitalization, writing paper, envelopes, stamps, magazines and more. There is also a fax and photocopying service. You will find almost everything you need at the hospital here.
|Opening hours||7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on weekdays / 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays|
*Open every day except for the end of year and New Year's holidays
There is a Tokyo Star Bank ATM on the first floor.
*There is a handling fee depending on the time. Even though Tokyo-Star-Bank ATM is working, it does not accept other banks' cards at certain hours.
|Service hours||8 a.m. to 11 p.m.|
Vending Machines (Drinks)
Drink Vending Machines
You will find one machinie on the first floor and three others on the second floor.
|Usage fee||1,000 yen per card (900 minutes)|
|Sales and adjustment information||Card vending machines: You will find these on each floor from the third floor and above|
Card adjustment machine: You will find this at the Meeting Reception on the second floor.
|Usage fee||Washing machine: 150 yen a time / Drying machine: 100 yen for 30 minutes|
Breastfeeding Room and Family Restroom
You will find this in front of Outpatient Reception (4) Department of Pediatrics Examining Room on the second floor. There is a diaper changing seat in the family restroom.
Hospital Patio (Courtyard)
There is a Hospital Patio (Courtyard) in the center of the building. This is a green space focused on large Japanese zelkova trees. There are also benches available. Please use the patio as a place for relaxation and refreshment with your family and visitors.
The patio may close depending on the weather (e.g., rainy weather).
|Available hours||9 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
Request: Turn Off Power to Your Mobile Phone
Patient Rights Charter
Patients have the right to receive safe and effective medical care at the most suitable medical care level without discrimination by societal standing or type of illness no matter who they are. The members of staff at Toshima Hospital shall respect this right and shall always be fair toward patients. Together with this, we will strive to improve medical care with the aim of providing appropriate, safe and high quality medical care.
2. Patients have the right to receive medical care based on a relationship of mutual cooperation with medical providers while having their personality and values respected as individual human beings.
We shall respect each and every patient as independent human beings when patients receive medical care and undergo tests. The members of staff at Toshima Hospital shall strive to create even better medical care while cooperating with patients at the same time as respecting their personalities and values.
3. Patients have the right to receive an explanation in easy-to-understand words about their condition, progress, and content of tests and treatment.
Explanations of patient's illnesses conditions, the progress after treatment and content of treatment (e.g. tests and therapeutic medications) shall not be one-side from the medical provider to the patient. The medical provider shall strive to assist with the understanding of patients and obtain their acceptance. This shall be done by valuing close communication between both parties with a patient-centered standpoint. For example, the medical provider shall answer questions and doubts from patients appropriately in easy-to-understand words and methods.
4. Patients have the right to select the content of their medical care according to their own wishes based on sufficient explanations and information. The desire of patients to hear of opinions from other physicians (second opinions) shall also be respected at that time.
Patients have the right to receive a sufficient explanation concerning the purpose, method, effectiveness and side effects of the treatment method and content of the tests that they will receive. Patients then have the right to determine whether or not to accept that medical care based on them. Moreover, medical providers shall not perform such treatment without the consent of patients and patients shall have the right to refuse this treatment without being disadvantaged. The medical providers at Toshima Hospital shall always provide support based on the appropriate level of knowledge and experience taking into account the benefit of patients in addition to simply providing medical care information. Furthermore, our medical providers shall meet the desire to hear the opinions of other physicians (second opinions) from such a standpoint. In addition, we request that patients ask their medical providers questions again and again if there is something that they do not understand so that they fully understanding and accept them. This is so that patients receive sufficient explanations and information regarding their medical care, so that they receive treatment they can accept and so that they can select their method of treatment under their own volition.
5. Patients have the right to request the disclosure of their medical information.
Patients can request the disclosure of their medical information. However, it may be difficult to accurately understand and accept the content of them just by looking at information that has simply been recorded. To the end, this right also includes the right to receive summaries and explanations of the content in addition to disclosure of medical information. Toshima Hospital shall strive to keep accurate records while always thinking objectively when preparing medical records to carry out this right.
6. Patients have the right for their personal information obtained in medical care to be protected and for the personal life in the hospital not to be exposed or disturbed by others as far as possible.
Personal information pertaining to the illnesses of patients is handled in hospitals and life with treatment carried out under this special environment. Therefore, it is important to pay particular attention to the privacy of patients. Toshima Hospital pays particular attention to the right of privacy of patients while always being aware of such hospital characteristics. That is, the right for patient's personal information and person lives not to be exposed or disturbed by others.
7. Patients shall have the right to decide whether to accept treatment in the research stage after receiving sufficient information about its purposes and risks. In addition, patients shall have the right to refuse such treatment without being disadvantaged in any way whatsoever.
Patients have the right to receive sufficient information about the purposes and risks of treatment in the drug clinical trial (clinical trials performed on patients to receive new drug approval) and research stage. Patients shall also have the right to determine whether or not to accept the treatment. Moreover, such a treatment shall not be given to patients without their consent and patients shall have the right to refuse such treatment at any time without being disadvantaged even if they give their consent. In particular, in the case of clinical trials, the clinical trial coordinators in hospitals shall strive to protect the rights of patients based on the Guidelines for Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
8. Patients have the right to receive introductions to appropriate medical institutions as necessary to receive continuing treatment.
Toshima Hospital shall build a cooperative system with community medical institutions so that the necessary treatment can be provided by appropriate medical institutions. To that end, we shall send, reverse introduce or introduce patients to the appropriate medical institutions as necessary for their conditions and treatment situations. This will make it possible to continue providing patients with the best medical care. At the same, it will allow each medical institution to demonstrate their inherent roles and functions.
9. Patients have the responsibility to accurately communicate information concerning their own health as far as possible to medical providers.
We request that patients accurately communicate to medical providers information concerning their own health as far as possible (e.g., medical history and allergies) so that medical providers can make accurate judgments.
10. Patients have the responsibility to observe the prescribed regulations so that everyone can live their lives in treatment comfortably.
The hospital is a place where many patients receive various treatments and live. Accordingly, Toshima Hospital shall endeavor to ensure patients receive sufficient medical care and can live their lives in treatment comfortably. However, patients shall also accept that there shall be constraints not found in their regular lives. Please fully understand this and observe the prescribed regulations.
Personal Information Handling
The control of Toshima Hospital was transferred from being a municipal hospital to the Tokyo Metropolitan Health and Hospital Corporation in April 2009. Nevertheless, we will continue to strive to appropriately manage personal information. We have established appropriate management and operation methods in regards to the handling of personal information for patients so that patients can receive medical care with peace of mind.
1. Purpose of Using the Personal Information of Patients
Use in the Hospital
- Medical care services provided to patients and the improvement of such services
- Medical care insurance work
- Hospitalization and discharge ward management
- Accounting and finance
- Medical accident reports
- Cooperation with medical care practice performed in the hospital
- Case study research aimed at improving the quality of medical care
- Cooperation with other hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, home nursing care stations and nursing care service providers
- Responses to inquiries from other medical institutions
- Opinions of external physicians for the medical care of patients
- When requesting advice
- Outsourcing of specimen tests
- Explanation of the conditions of patients to families
- Commission of insurance work
- Provision of medical service payment statements (receipts) to examination payment organizations
- Responses to inquiries from examination payment organizations or insurers
- Notification of results to operators pertaining to physical examinations undertaken from operators
- Consultations and reports to specialist organizations and insurance companies concerning medical care pertaining to physician liability insurance
- Provision of information to external audit organizations
- Basic materials to maintain and improve medical care/nursing care services and business
- Materials for medical research and academic research (e.g., academic conference presentations)
2. Handling of the Personal Information of Patients
3. Consent for Purpose of Use
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
|toshima_support (please put an @ here) tokyo-hmt.jp|
This is an introduction to the ways to access Toshima Hospital when visiting, the timetables of transportation facilities and an access map.
|Address||Tokyo Metropolitan Toshima Hospital of the Tokyo Metropolitan Hospital Organization|
33-1 Sakae-cho, Itabashi-ku, Tokyo, 173-0015
|03-5375-5489 (Reservation-only only)|
|FAX||03-5944-3506 (General Affairs Section)|
|03-5944-3534 (Medical Practice Section and Community-based Medical Cooperation Office)|
When Using the Train
It is five minutes on foot from Oyama Station and seven minutes on foot from Naka-Itabashi Station on the Tobu Tojo Line
Timetable for the Tobu Tojo Line
It is 12 minutes on foot from the Itabashikuyakushomae Station on the Toei Mita Line
Timetable for the Toei Mita Line
When Using Kokusai Kogyo Bus
It is immediately after getting off at Toshima Hospital on Red Route 51
It is 20 minutes from either Ikebukuro Station or Akabane Station on Red Route 51 (Ikebukuro East Exit ←→ Akabane Station West Exit)Timetable for Kokusai Kogyo Bus
When Coming by Car
Features and Efforts
Three Priority Treatments and Six Featured Treatments
We consider emergency medical care, cerebrovascular treatment and cancer treatment to be the three priority treatments in the Toshima Hospital. We also proactively tackle administrative treatments (e.g., infectious disease treatment and psychiatric emergency aid) and featured treatments (e.g., palliative care and perinatal care).